Sunday, November 4, 2007

Walk It Off

The latest in my physical therapy advances: I've been upgraded from the stairclimber to the treadmill at the gym.

However, since my running skills are, shall we say, less than terrific, my job on the treadmill is to walk as fast as I can, right at that edge where you almost need to break into a run, but rather than lengthening the stride, I have to take faster steps. Supposedly this will build the hip flexor response for when I am ready to run again. All I know is, I'm the goofball going walkwalkwalkwalkwalk while other people run beside me. It feels slightly out of control like I might trip and land on my chin. Just when I was regaining a little dignity...

1 comment:

Nadine Fawell said...

One step at a time, as they say!
Isn't it funny how we are always comparing - I am the only one walking...etc
I am SOOO impressed you sent dacing, too!
Yay you!

Nadine