Friday, April 27, 2007

Notes from the bedside

I'm still in the hospital working on my walking skills. I have to be able to do a lap of the floor and a set of stairs before they release me. Up til today I could only manage a few steps without feeling like I was going to pass out, but this afternoon I made it all the way down to the nurses station. Of course then I had to be carted back to my room but it was an improvement.

My op leg is about twice the size of my other leg but the stitches are clean and dry. Right now I'm working on figuring out what medication will not make me nauseous. I had dilaudid in my pain pump that they took away from me on day two. Perhaps because between the hours of 4am and 8am I hit the button 49 times... Not that it delivers all those times but it may have made them nervous. But something they don't tell you about dilaudid is that it makes you insanely itchy all over! I couldn't figure out what was going on and I couldn't stop scritching and scratching. It was like an acid trip gone terribly awry...

I'm not hooked up to anything anymore and my parents scored me an amazing private room with views of the East River on two sides. So as soon as I get some more walking under my belt, and learn the crutches (up til now it's been the granny walker) then I can leave.

Thank you all for your support and emails and visits. It means the world to me. I'm looking forward to blowing this pop stand as soon as I can.

No comments: