Friday, March 16, 2007

Of Course

So Dr. Kim (Dr. Millis' partner at Children's Hospital in Boston) reviewed the films and of course, is recommending a PAO rather than FO.

I want to crawl under my bed and hide from all these doctors.

But instead best foot forward (that would be the left one), I'm going up to meet with him in April 2 weeks before my scheduled FO. He wants to do a second MRI using a dye so that they can better ascertain the biochemical makeup of the cartilage.

There's a strong chance I'm going to have 2 different recommendations and that I'm just going to have to make a choice as to which one I want to have done.

I'm so tired of this whole thing already it almost makes limping for the rest of my life seem like a viable option.

On a grosser note, I was asking the head nurse at Dr. Buly's office about which muscles are cut during the surgery and she said that rather than thinking about them as being cut, I should think about it like they are being spread, similarly to when you cut along the grain in a piece of chicken. Mmm.

No comments: