Thursday, June 7, 2007

Holy Macaroni*

Am I tired.

Suddenly again like I was right after surgery. I know since I got the go-ahead to weight bear I'm definitely moving a lot more than before, but people! What's this about?

Yesterday I walked around maybe a little too much and I was super pooped afterwards. Like entire-body-aching-sore-muscles-pooped when you get knocked down by a bunch of waves a bunch of times. And this morning we moved back into my walk-up (hobble-up) which is awesome, I'm so glad to be here, and I am pooped. And I have to go to gym class this afternoon. If she's anything like she used to be she's not taking tired for an answer. Maybe she's mellowed with age. I don't even have it in me to try and make her laugh.

But! At six weeks out I can:

Shower standing up (first one in 2 months - AAHH)

'Walk' ten blocks and get really tired (with one crutch. But I had a dream last night that I was walking. It was awesome)

Have a lot of knee and hip mobility but still can't do rotation very well

Scar seems smaller and is definitely thinner (I need to post new pics, I know, you're dying to see)

So, all is well in Munchkinland. Hopefully energy will return soon.

*UPDATE: She smiled. Twice! And fatigue is totally normal. Apparently it takes as much time as you've been out to get back to normal energy levels. Any excuse for a siesta is a good one in my book.

No comments: